If you weren't around this weekend, you missed quite a bit. RB was kind enough to walk everyone who was around on Saturday night through a very useful introduction and 'trial by fire' of Atlassian/Bitbucket and TortoiseHg. We spent a couple hours creating, updating, changing, and merging various pushes and pulls, dealing with the problematic errors that popped up, and generally goofed off a good bit. It was a great experience and definitely helped iron out any questions or concerns I had.
On Sunday, we decided to give an actual collaboration a shot. We quickly decided to do a Frogger clone game and spent probably about 4 hours getting things set up and rendering. We weren't able to finish the game due to limited time, but I was able to add a little more after RB had to leave for the evening. This was also a great learning experience for me… I didn't get to code much to start with, but I did learn quite a lot of useful new inheritance stuff and was able to pick up a little slack on the back end.
Anyways, just thought I would post a quick video of where we were at after the first day. Still incomplete in that we have -zero- collision detection, but I think we did a good job in the given time and that will give RB something to play around with this week!
"May the mercy of His Divine Shadow fall upon you." - Stanley H. Tweedle, Security Guard class IV, The League of 20,000 planets