I'm excited to open up a category where people can post a link to their works in progress. But this can be a little bit of a minefield, and so I want to set up some ground rules.
Don't let this scare you away. It's just to keep me out of legal trouble and to limit technical problems that may arise from allowing people to share all or parts of their games here.
1. You should be hosting your own files, not me. This includes source code, compiled executable code, screen shots, etc. Link to them all you want, but my storage space on this site is limited, and I can't host everyone's games. Sorry about that. I just need to reserve as much space as possible for tutorials and tutorial content.
2. You agree to indemnify me and this site of any legal issues that may come up from sharing your code, executable game, screen shots, or anything else. For example, if you link to your source code, and someone starts using it in their game, well, that's between you and them, not me.
3. Even with this category in the forum, there's no guarantees that I or anyone else will necessarily respond to your game, and this is especially so if you want feedback within a matter of minutes or hours.
4. Games cannot contain a high level of profanity, obscenity, violence, etc. Keep them clean. I'm not sure I can be more specific than that right now, but if I see a game that crosses the line, it will be removed. By the way, Microsoft has similar rules in place for putting your game on the Xbox, so if you're following their rules, you should be good. I don't expect everything to be rainbows and ponies, but be cautious when posting games on the other end of the spectrum. There are lots of people who visit this site who are pretty young. If you aren't sure if it is OK, you might want to consider shooting me an email and I'll hopefully be able to look at it and tell you what I think.
5. When you're giving feedback or just discussing games (yours or others) be friendly. I don't mean you need to only say nice things. If you think all or part of a person's game is bad, and they're asking for feedback, you're entitled to say that. Just do so nicely.
Bottom line: Play nice, and don't do anything dumb.