Hello! Its already been 40 or so Days since the competition started so I'm a bit late.
My original plan was to work on "The Inside" for the first month and then "Future Game" (my big project) for the rest of the competition, Since I only have 60 or so days left, I'll just start on "The Inside" and see how much I can get done and hopefully get it playable by the end of the competition.
Also, Since we started with 3 people and now its just me, there is alot of unused/unfinished code lying around that I'm not sure what to do with. So I decide to just scrap it all and start the project over from scratch (besides the assets and things I've learned)
Four players are inside a structure/ship/object. They will either start in 4 different sections of the map or start together only to be forced to split up right away.
Each player can unlock doors to rooms, and explore using a fog of war/flashlight method (Example from SubTerrain game)
Most rooms will either have supplies or be a room dedicated to a utility that can be used to help other players.
A primary room to find a get working will be a generator room, that will be able to feed up to X number of other rooms power.
Another room for example can be a Lights room, that will light up a section of the map (one players specific area) so that he has no need for a flashlight and is easier to see surroundings.
That is all the information I'm giving out so far, as the project continues I will reveal how to win, other rooms and puzzles the players will need to face.
Lazy: Do nothing for a long time.
Create a Base Solution, Upload it to Mercurial
Get assets loaded via Pipeline
Import the Monogame.Extended Library into the project
Sprint #7 (Current List)
Create base game structure for objects and etc.
- Create Object class, with "tags" indicating which category it is in
- Create Immovable Object, inheriting from object with Immovable tag
- Create Movable Object, inheriting from Object with blahblah and so on.
- Create Stationary Object, which contains its own list of Objects. (represents a Tile that may have objects inside it that move (for example any number of puzzles, or doors that can slide independently
Look at .TMX values and just generally think about how they can be sorted into lists.
- Sort lists by tag and use them for updating (for processing problems)
- Figure out why .Tmx file doesn't load correctly
- Parse data from .TMX file into framework (That I will be building this week)
- Get Monogame.Extended Camera Code to work with the map (meh.. Low Priority)
I'll be updating this every week with my updates from here on out!